Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
GBR Club Announcements

TOPIC: New Forum Members, Spam, CAPTCHA and snow...

New Forum Members, Spam, CAPTCHA and snow... 5 months 2 weeks ago #4662

• admin
Just to let everyone know... we have the spammers hitting the forum again. I have wanted to find a way to allow several portions of the forum to be public, allowing viewing by people that aren't members of the forum. Despite trying a few different combinations, we kept getting spam. So, for the time being I have locked down the forum to a certain extent. Assuming I did everything right, the first 4 posts by a new member will require CAPTCHA entering. If that doesn't work, I will be looking for another solution.

At least I'm not having 50-75 spam registrations a day as I was with the old version of the forum... but we have had a dozen in the last few days.

If there are any volunteer moderators, feel free to let me know and I will set you up for that role... Of course, we have very few posts to the board, so unless activity picks up, we might look at other things like moving it to FaceBook... which seems to be where most everyone is anyway.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds

Check Out A Meeting

The GBR4WD Club holds a business meeting on the first Saturday of each month.

Most of our meetings are at the Fuddrucker's on Windy Hill Rd in Marietta near I-75.

Meetings start at 7:00pm, with dinner to follow around 8:00.

Most of us hang out a while to chat after the business portion is finished.