Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the New User Forum!

TOPIC: Whassup, Peeps!

Whassup, Peeps! 1 year 1 week ago #4587

Hey there!

Great to meet you all this past Saturday night at Fuddruckers. Really REALLY appreciate you guys leading those trails this weekend at JeepFest. I had the TIME OF MY LIFE. Lost a tire. Ganked a bumper. Dont even care. Im hooked.

A little about me: I live in Marietta (more like Kennesaw) near the corner of Chastain/Blackwell and Canton Road. Kinda behind that Kroger there in a neighborhood called "Cantebury". As many of you know, I have only had my Jeep for about a month or 6 weeks now. Going out on the trails with you guys was a real eye opener as to what even a stock jeep can do. I wouldnt have been so brave if y'all werent there but I didnt want to wuss out. LOL But at the end of the day, even with the popped tire and ganked rear bumper thats probably the most fun I have had in 10 years. Im a friggin' hooked! Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon and riding again if you'll have me. In the interim... enjoy these:

See you guys soon... and thanks again for the great weekend!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 1 year 1 week ago #4591

Welcome!
2009 Hummer H3T with Adventure package which includes front and rear lockers, 4.10 gears, hill start asst. Mods I've done so far; 2" torsion bar crank in the front, 1" shackle lift in rear, 35" Toyo Mt's, Rancho Shocks, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops in front, UCP, Rolling Lock Bed Cover, removable Tire Carrier, and Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 1 year 5 days ago #4593

Glad you had a good time. Jay's is an excellent place to get you "started" and "hooked" into 4-wheeling. I saw that you came back to Jay's on Sunday to get a second taste of the 4-wheeling apple...now it's too late!!!

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 1 year 5 days ago #4594

I know! :(

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 1 year 4 days ago #4595

• Rita
This month's major ride will be Dixie Run. Check it out here:

sfwda.org/events/625/

A few of our members will be there--Jay, Kevin, Donny, maybe Larry. Not sure who else?

Hope to see you again at the October meeting for more infor on the Oct Fun Run ride.

:)

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 1 year 4 days ago #4596

• Donny
  • Trail tested wife approved
Good to see you at the meeting. Hope you can make it out with us again.
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 V8, Definity Mud Tires, Performance driveshaft, Cobra 29 CB, 12,000lbs Winch ---2010 GBR Treasurer-2011 GBR Membership Director-2012 GBR Vice President

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 1 year 4 days ago #4597

You can count on it! :)

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 11 months 3 weeks ago #4599

:evil laugh:

My first ride with the GBR came when I had about 900 miles on my Jeep over a decade ago....wow, it's been that long?

Hold on to your wallet...
Ryan Shanteau
2002 TJ Sport - Mostly Stock
If it hasn't been washed, it isn't trail ready.

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 11 months 1 week ago #4605

Finally got the work done.

Here's a few pics:

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 11 months 1 week ago #4606

look's great man!

can't wait to see it in action.

by the way, we haven't had a chance to meet yet, my name is Larry I'm GBR's VP.
2009 Hummer H3T with Adventure package which includes front and rear lockers, 4.10 gears, hill start asst. Mods I've done so far; 2" torsion bar crank in the front, 1" shackle lift in rear, 35" Toyo Mt's, Rancho Shocks, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops in front, UCP, Rolling Lock Bed Cover, removable Tire Carrier, and Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 11 months 1 week ago #4607

• Rita
Missed you at the meeting :)

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 11 months 1 week ago #4608

I know!!! I had really planned to come but simply forgot and didn't remember until later in the evening. I'm hoping I will get to see everyone at the Beasley Knob cleanup... But not sure when that is now due to the shutdown. :(

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 11 months 1 week ago #4609

• rixjeep
  • 2014 Membership Director
Are you not getting the meeting reminders? You're on the email list. Rita always has the minutes posted pretty quickly after the meeting so you'll be able to catch up and see what you missed. Info on the Beasley Knob work weekend is included in the minutes.
1996 Jeep Cherokee; 33x12.50 BFG MTs, Super 35 rear with Detroit, Dana 30 with TruTrac up front; 4.56 Gearing; Warn HS9500i; Rusty's 6.5" lift, adjustable UCAs, skid plates, K&N Air Tube, & other odds-n-ends.

Re:Whassup, Peeps! 11 months 1 week ago #4611

Ric:

I'm not getting the reminders. Am I on the list?
Ryan Shanteau
2002 TJ Sport - Mostly Stock
If it hasn't been washed, it isn't trail ready.
Time to create page: 1.005 seconds

Check Out A Meeting

The GBR4WD Club holds a business meeting on the first Saturday of each month.

Most of our meetings are at the Fuddrucker's on Windy Hill Rd in Marietta near I-75.

Meetings start at 7:00pm, with dinner to follow around 8:00.

Most of us hang out a while to chat after the business portion is finished.